Friday, March 23, 2012

Quartz Necklaces

Blue Quartz Crystal Front Fastening Necklace
I'm finally getting round to listing the backlog of items I have made for sale on Etsy.

Whilst I'm on Etsy I've been hanging around the forums a little, in particular the British team Forum. They are so lovely and friendly on there. And helpful too.

I've been given a critique of my shop which has given me lots of extra work to do in my shop to get it up to scratch, and it's so good to see the work of so many talented designer makers based in the UK.  I recommend a wander over there if you have an Etsy shop.




Rose Quartz Freeform Peyote Necklace
These are a couple of quartz based necklaces I have made. The top one is simple but effective. Each of the leaf shapes are made from tiny glass seed beads threaded onto silver plated copper wire and bent into shape.With the toggle clasp being at the front of the necklace, it's so easy to put on and take off yourself. I frequently have to ask G to rescue me from a necklace at the end of a night out!

And the pink necklace is an experiment of freeform peyote stich using rose quartz chips as well as seed beads to create a slightly assymetric statement piece.

As you can see from the close us, the chips sit in nicely where I have stitched the seed beads around them.  I think freeform peyote has to be one of my favourite styles of work to do to just chill out and relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment