Sunday, January 29, 2012

Next!

Ive been trying to think of what to do now my crochet blanket is finished. Normally I just start making my next one straight away, but in my effort to declutter this year, which is going really well so far, I thought I'd finish off another of my larger projects.

Problem is, we knew they were larger projects which would take a while to finished so we put them in storage. Doh! They are either in the attic somewhere, or at the bottom of a stack of Really Useful Boxes.

So with best intentions left behind, I'm in the process of starting two (maybe three) new projects.


First in another blankets the same as I just finished. I love having one of these around to do.

Second is a tumbling block wall hanging similar to this one

Tumbling Blocks

But as I don't take the easy route with craft projects, I intend to use every little scrap of fabric I have lying around to make each patch using freestyle applique and hand embroidery. I'm hoping this will be a nice project that is portable as I can make one patch at a time and carry it around in my bag and attack it in any spare moment of time.

And the possible third is a pair of socks as I have some lovely yarn lying around which I'd love to have something made from to wear. But I am very wary of second sock syndrome.

4 comments:

  1. One day I am going to do something with tumbling blocks - I love that arrangement!

    You might not suffer from second sock syndrome. Not everyone does and even for people who get it, it doesn't necessarily strike with every pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh! The tumbling blocks wall hanging is so cool. I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Liz! I haven't cast on the socks yet but I think I'm going to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bean! It's going to take some time so I think there will be lots of progress photos :)

    ReplyDelete