Saturday, January 21, 2012

Necklace Time

I realised that I don't have many "found art" mixed media type pieces in my Etsy shop at the moment. It was the perfect excuse for dragging out my bead soup box. I don't know if other beaders have one, but I have a box where I put all my lonely beads. Single beads from nearly used up strings. beads I have reclaimed from vintage jewellery and broken pieces.

I love my bead soup box. I sometimes buy boxes of broken jewellery, sometimes get given bits and pieces from friends having a clearout, buy end of sale items to dismantle, and trade for things on Swapbot. So last night I start sorting out focals and co-ordinating beads and ended up with this.

DSC00162  
I think I might be keeping it myself :)

Chrysocolla
Chrysoprase
Foiled Glass
Quartz
Ribbon
Mother of pearl shell
Fabric
Vintage clip on earring
Glass Pearl
Silver plated Rounds
Silver Chain

No comments:

Post a Comment